I don’t love cooking. I liked it more, once upon a time, when I didn’t have children nagging me and pulling at my shirt. Now, it’s just a hassle. I especially don’t love cooking in the summer when it’s so dang hot here in the South! So, when fall comes around, I’m all about the crockpot (we haven’t ventured into insta-pot land yet), homemade soups and one pot dishes. Quick and easy is always a must in our household, unless it’s a slow Sunday and we have time to make a time-intensive meal.
I thought it would be fun to round up some of our fall favorites and dinners that are our go-tos.
- Pear & Jam Grilled Cheese: It may sound a bit weird and my photos do NOT do it justice, but trust me, it’s GOOD!
- Crockpot Tortellini Soup: Super simple and yummy!
- BBQ Chicken Sweet Potato Bowls: I was shocked at how easy and filling this was!
- One-Pan Roasted Chicken & Veggies: At first, I wasn’t too sure about this one, but it’s so yummy and super filling!
- Mandarin Pasta Spinach Salad: We tend to not use pine nuts, mostly because they are somewhat expensive. It’s just as tasty!
- Chicken & Wild Rice Soup: By far my most favorite fall/winter soup!
- Tortellini, Sausage & Broccoli: You can have fun with this and really make it a variety of ways!
- Zoodle Caprese: A super yummy and easy dinner!
- Brown Sugar and Balsamic Glazed Pork Loin: The recipe calls for a loin, we use a tenderloin. I also use double the sauce recipe, because, hello, it’s delicious.
- Crockpot Cream Cheese Chicken: Also a meal that doesn’t look great, but guys, it’s freakin’ delicious!
For anyone who has been in a dinner slump, or needed some inspiration, I hope today’s post made your meal planning/dinner making a little less painful!