This meal is one of my favorites. It’s healthy, quick and delicious! We first started making this as a very bare-bones dish: pasta and broccoli with some seasonings and parmesan cheese for a topping. However, we’ve played around a bit and adding/changed things over time. It’s such a versatile dish, you can really add and take out wherever you want!
1 lb. tortelini
1 lb. italian chicken sausage
2 broccoli crowns
Salt & Pepper
1. Using a large pot, cook the pasta according to package directions.
2. Using a small frying pan, cook italian sausage.
3. Meanwhile, cut up the broccoli crowns. Add to the pasta water 3-5 minutes before the pasta is done.
3. Dran pasta and broccoli, toss in sausage.
4. Top with salt, pepper, olive oil and parmesan.