Look… I love carbs just as much as the next girl, and I will eat just about any kind of french toast (except maybe cream cheese stuffed). My husband, however, is much more picky with his french toast preparation. He doesn’t like when it’s soggy. Luckily, neither does one of my girlfriends and she introduced me to this recipe, originally from A Beautiful Mess. Ya’ll- THEY ARE MY NEW GO-TO recipe. Seriously… TDF.
Baked French Toast Sticks
4 slices of Italian bread (I use Arnold’s)
2 Tbsp. milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Turn on broiler to HI.
- Stack Italian bread slices and using a bread knife cut into approx. 1-1.5″ sticks.
- Line large cookie sheet with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray- this will save you from having to clean the cookie sheet- for the most part 😉
- Mix together eggs, milk and vanilla in large bowl.
- Dip each stick into egg mixture and place on cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture over all sticks on cookie sheet.
- Place in broiler and cook 2-5 minutes.
- Flip sticks and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture. Cook another 2-5 minutes.
- EAT THEM ALL!