I made these little oatmeal chip cookies for our cookie exchange I hosted this past week (more details on that coming in a future post!). They are pretty delicious. Especially considering I am not really a huge fan of white chocolate. However, with the mixture of dark chocolate chips, oatmeal and a hint of cinnamon- you don’t notice the strong sweetness of the white chocolate as much. If I do say, it is a pretty stellar combination! Also- LOVE me some cookies with oatmeal in them. They are just so satisfying to eat! Here is another favorite oatmeal based cookie, from a past post.
Oatmeal Chip Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 c. sugar
1 egg yolk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 c. flour
1 c. rolled oats
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 c. white chocolate chips
1 c. dark chocolate chips
1) Mix butter and sugars using an electric mixer.
2) Add egg, egg yolk and vanilla.
3) Mix together flour, oats, baking soda, salt and cinnamon and pour into wet mixture.
4) Stir in white and dark chocolate chips.
5) Place on greased cookie sheet, using medium cookie scoop, or about 1 Tbsp balls.
6) Bake at 325 degrees for 12-14 minutes.