So, if you recall me mentioning, I was super impatient this pregnancy with finding out the gender, so at 15 weeks, we visited Lake Norman 3D Imaging for a gender determination ultrasound.
Well, baby number two is a GIRL!!!! I could hardly believe it. This pregnancy was so different, I thought for sure it was a boy.
Kyle was sure it was a girl, and pretty much everyone else in the family thought it was a boy. Daddy said he was “sticking to his guns”- which means he was hoping for a girl, because that’s what he wanted! I wanted a girl for Everleigh, because I always wanted a sister. However, now that she’s entering the terrible twos and is all sass and attitude… I’m thinking I should have rethought that!! Either way, we are, of course, just hoping for a healthy little one come March (or April!).
If ya’ll remember this post, that ironically, had been planned before I knew I was expecting, about what you do and don’t need for baby, it mentions some of my must haves for #2. Some of those will be shared again in this post!
1) I first came across Lily Jade when I read a blog post from Emily Ley. Expecting #2, I was unsure of what to do for a diaper bag. My current Petunia Pickle Bottom Satchel has been awesome for one, but would most definitely not be able to accommodate supplies for two. Plus, my husband is pretty tired of totting around a floral bag. As much as I love my Petunia, I was SO looking forward to going back to a regular purse, right about the time I found out we were expecting. So, another stipulation for a bag for two, was that I wanted it to look like a regular purse, and be able to be used for one post-babies. Enter: The Elizabeth in Camel by Lily Jade. It comes with a hefty price tag, but I justify that by the fact that it’s high quality and will last for the next… oh, 20 years! Another contender… The Linda by Better Life Bags– a little more casual, but just as spacious! AND you get to choose your own fabrics!
2) This is simple. Life with one, a photography business, etsy shop and blog is crazy enough. There are appointments- personal and work related, daddy business trips, family visits, play dates and a million other things to keep track of on a daily basis. The Simplified Planner by Emily Ley helps me get that done. It has been invaluable in planning my days and fitting everything in. You. Will. Love. It!!
3) My Brest Friend. We talked about this in my post mentioned above, but I am so excited to try this baby out! It has come highly recommended by various friends, and I already have one ready and waiting for baby girl when she gets here!
4) I mean… need I say more. Freshly Picked moccasins are awesome quality, they have super fun colors and prints and they are perfect for little ones. Especially when they are first learning to walk! Evie literally lived in these last fall when she was first starting to walk and I am so excited to scoop up another pair for sissy!
5) For those of you who get my photography newsletter, I shared my love for Trafalgars Square a few months ago when I purchased a couple of prints for Evie’s room. Of course, they will surely be adorning the walls of baby #2’s wall as well!
6) The City Select by Baby Jogger was a new find for me. A friend had recommended our current single City Mini stroller and said it was the best thing ever. She was so right! I saw her a couple of months ago at my SIL’s baby shower and she was sporting the bassinet from the City Select. Of course, I inquired, knowing I would soon have to find transportation for two, and she went on and on about her love for the City Select. She also has two girls (three actually), but two are about the same age gap as Evie and baby #2 and she said it works wonderfully for them. She gave me such great advice the first time around, I didn’t even wait to see this baby in person before purchasing it on GILT yesterday for a steal! $499 for the stroller + an additional seat!
Hopefully some of these products inspire new mamas of one, or multiple and good luck to everyone who enters the giveaway below! Thank you to Freshly Picked, Emily Ley, My Brest Friend and Trafalgars Square for sharing goodies with my readers! I’m so excited for you guys to try these things out!
a Rafflecopter giveaway