Nutella Banana French Toast. I have tried many a stuffed french toast recipes. Typically they include a fruit of some sort, and cream cheese. My husband has disliked all of them. I thought I might have been successful with this recipe, since it didn’t include cream cheese! I’ve seen many recipes, such as this, floating around Pinterest and they sound delicious! To be completely honest, Mr. CW and I weren’t huge fans. The nutella part was fine (though a bit sweet) but we weren’t a fan of the banana part. Maybe I’ll try another iteration with strawberry! 😉
1 loaf french bread (sliced into 1/2″-1″ slices)
2-3 Bananas, sliced
1 c. milk
1 Tbsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1. REMEMBER to set your bread out about 4-6 hours before to get a bit stale. I ALWAYS forget this part!
2. Mix together eggs, milk, cinnamon and vanilla in a medium sized bowl, whisking until combined.
3. Take two pieces of bread and coat with nutella (however much you desire. I did a pretty even coat out to the edges)
4. Place banans on one piece of nutella-lathered bread. Again, use as much as you like. I used about 4 slices per sandwich.
5. Sandwich a nutella-lathered and banana laden piece of french bread with a nutella-lathered non-banana laden piece of bread. Press together.
6. Dip your nutella banana sandwich into the egg mixture and place in a pan. Cook on medium-high for 3-5 minutes per side.