If you aren’t putting sea salt in your chocolate chip cookies, you ain’t doin’ life right! These are SO delicious and I love the extra surprise of the sea salt you get with each bite!
1.5 c. all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1 c. unsalted butter, softened
1 c. light brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
3 c. old-fashioned rolled oats
2 c. dark chocolate chips (or whichever kind you prefer)
- Preheat over to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with a silpat mat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugars together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, fully mixing after each addition. Then add vanilla.
- Turn mixer to low and gradually add flour mixture.
- Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
- At this point, you can chill the dough for an hour, which will yield better results, or continue on.
- Using a small cookie scoop, place cookies on cookie sheet about 2″ apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until edges are slightly brown and middle still looks gooey.
- Cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack.
Adapted from Liv for Cake