I have to admit, this essential oils sleepy cream was one of my most exciting things to try with my Premium Starter Kit.
I had seen so many friends use it with success, and I wanted a piece of that! My girls sleep pretty great at night, but they are awful with taking sound naps. Everleigh has pretty much grown out of it now that she’s a toddler, but Adalyn is in the midst of no-naps, just like her sister was at her age.
I have found that this combo works pretty awesome for us! My first batch I used just Lavender and Gentle Baby, and it wasn’t as effective as I had hoped. Everyone reacts to oils differently, so what works for one person, may not work for another. Second time around I decided to try a new combo, and we all love it!
Yields: Approx. 6 cups
1/2lb Shea Butter
8oz Almond Oil
2oz Coconut Oil
1) Melt all oils together in saucepan over medium heat until combined.
2) Place oil in fridge to harden.
3) Whip with a mixer for 5 minutes on high, or until soft peaks form.
4) Remove from mixing bowl and set aside.
1) Place about 1 cup of Base Cream in mixer.
1) Add essential oils: (10) drops Cedarwood (10) drops Lavender (7) drops Peace & Calming (7) drops Gentle Baby
2) Mix for an additional minute.