I was first introduced to this delicious Chicken, Strawberry & Avocado Salad when having dinner and my Brother and Sister In-Laws house. My husband and I both fell in love instantly, and now it is a staple on our menu- particularly in the warmer spring and summer months! It’s super easy to make and works with a couple of different dressings, which makes it fun to switch things up a bit!
1 bag Leafy Lettuce
1 c. chopped strawberries
1 avocado, sliced
2 chicken breasts, pounded thin
1 c. flour
1 large egg
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1/2 c. panko bread crumbs
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1) Place olive oil in frying pan on medium high heat.
2) Meanwhile, mix seasoned and panko bread crumbs together. (This is simply a preference, if you prefer not to mix them, or don’t have both, just use whatever you have on hand!)
3) Take pounded chicken and dredge in flour, then egg, then bread crumb mixture. Place in frying pan and cook on each side about 3-5 minutes on medium heat.
4) Arrange lettuce on plate, followed by sliced avocado, chopped strawberries and sliced chicken.
5) Enjoy with your preference of dressing. We typically use Poppyseed or a Raspberry/Strawberry vinaigrette.