These cooke dough pops were another recipe I tried out for the mommy sleepover; and I’d say they were a favorite! The recipe made a nice amount, so we also had some leftovers for a few days. Don’t you love when that happens?!
I love that these are eggless. At first I was a bit hesitant, because the dough by itself, did not taste like the cookie dough I’m used to. But, after dipping them in the chocolate and refrigerating them, you can hardly tell a difference! They are really delicious!
What You’ll Need:
1/2 c. butter
1/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
3 Tbsps. of whole milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/3 c. flour
2/3 c. mini chocolate chips
2 c. dark chocolate chips (melted)
1 Tbsp. shortening
1) In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars with a mixer until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes).
2) Mix in milk and vanilla.
3) Add flour and salt and mix on low until combined.
4) Stir in mini chocolate chips.
5) Chill dough in refrigerator for about 30 minutes until firm enough to roll or scoop into 1-inch balls.
6) Once balls are formed, insert lollipop stick
7) Place rolled balls on a wax paper lined baking sheet and place in the freezer for at least 15 minutes.
8) Melt chocolate chips and shortening in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth.
9) Remove a couple of balls from the freezer at a time and dip in coating, letting any excess fall off back into the bowl.
Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to a week.