I am pretty proud of this Italian Style Quiche because I made it up! (sort of). While we were visiting in PA, my mother-in-law bought a quiche from a local farmer’s market. My husband and I both liked it (and Evie too-SHOCKER), so I decided to figure out what was in it. My hubby called the farmer’s market to inquire and they said it was just tomato and mozzarella, but I remembered something else being in it, so I added a zucchini as well. I was pleasantly surprised by how good it turned out! If y’all remember the Instagram photo above from last week, here is the quiche looking all pretty before we ripped in to it. Luckily, I was able to save a few slices to grab some nice photos! So, here’s what you’ll need:
1 Pillsbury phyllo crust
2 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. half and half
3 Tbsp. sundried tomatoes
1 c. mozzarella
1/4 c. parmesan
1 small zucchini
1 tsp. italian seasoning
salt & pepper to taste
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Roll out phyllo dough and place in quiche dish, cutting off excess around edges and tucking them under. Use a fork to poke bottom of crust.
3) Beat cream cheese and half and half until combined. Add eggs, beat until foamy. About 3-5 minutes on high.
4) Add sun-dried tomatoes, italian seasoning and cheeses, as well as salt and pepper. Mix well.
5) Pour egg mixture into prepared quiche dish and crust. Top with sliced zucchini pieces.
6) Bake for 25-30 minutes.