This Apple Pie French Toast is pretttty delicious! The original recipe is from Baked by Rachel and I think I followed her recipe almost exactly- I know SO out of character for me! Most times I substitute in an effort to make something more healthy, or because I don’t have one of the ingredients! Check out the recipe below! Oh, and as a side note- Challah bread is DELICIOUS!!!!!
1 16oz loaf Challah Bread
1/2 c. heavy cream
2 1/2 Tbsp. cinnamon, divided
1/4 c. sugar
3 c. apples
1) Preheat over to 350 degrees. Lightly great an 8×8 baking dish, set aside.
2) Cut Challah bread into 1″x2″ cubes. Transfer to a large bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together the eggs, heavy cream and 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, pour over bread. Toss with hands to mix well.
3) In a small bowl mix the remaining cinnamon and all of the sugar, set aside.
4) Peel, core and slice apples. Add 1 1/2 c. of the sliced apples to the bottom of your 8×8 dish, sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar, top with 1/2 of the soaked bread cubes. Repeat this layer ending, with a final layer of apples on top, sprinkled with cinnamon sugar.
5) Bake for 50-60 minutes. Serve warm with syrup.