These cookies are my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE. They contain some special ingredients: Brewers Yeast and Flaxseed meal to help with lactation. They really do work and I try to eat 2-3 a day to help with my supply. I also eat them while not nursing and sometimes just leave out the Brewer’s Yeast. They are delicious and I love that they’re loaded with a lot of healthy ingredients!
I found the original recipe at Simply Real Moms, you can check it out here: RECIPE
My version is below, with just a few tweaks.
- 3/4 c butter
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 c brown sugar
- 4 T water
- 2 T flaxseed meal (DO NOT substitute)
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 t vanilla
- 2 c flour
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 t salt
- 2 T Brewers Yeast (DO NOT substitute)
- 3 c Thick cut oats
- 1 c Dark Chocolate chips
*** These can be made dairy free by substituting 3/4 c. butter with 1/2 c. vegan butter.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix 2 T of flaxseed meal and water, set aside 3-5 minutes.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs.
- Stir flaxseed mix into butter mix and add vanilla.
- Beat until well blended.
- Sift: dry ingredients, except oats and choc chips.
- Add butter mix to dry ingredients.
- Stir in the oats and then the chocolate chips.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, drop onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.