I was reviewing the stats for the blog and noticed that I had a link back. Little did I know, the adorable Laura, at Laura Has a Blog had nominated me for a Sunshine Blogger Award! It’s so nice to get recognition from the blogging community and it’s an awesome way to get to know each other and the people behind the posts! Go check her site out, for sure, it’s adorable!
SO WHAT IS THE SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to bloggers who are creative, positive and inspiring. Once nominated the blogger is required to write a post in which they:
THE GLUE THAT HOLDS THIS WHOLE THING TOGETHER:
So, let’s see what questions Laura has for me, shall we…
1.What made you start blogging and where do you get your inspiration?I started blogging in 2010. I had an Etsy shop and was reading all the books and blog posts about how to do that successfully- hands down, all around, everyone said I should be blogging. So, I started a blog and it’s been with me, in many variations, through many businesses, since that first post back in 2010!
2. If you could meet/be friends with any character from a book or series, who would it be and why?Oh man, that’s a hard one… mostly because I have read very few books since having kids, ha! Can I pick a historical figure instead? I would want to meet Eleanor Roosevelt. I think she was a kind, compassionate, but strong woman who stood up for what she believed and drove change.
3. If you were told there will be no tomorrow, what would be your biggest regret?
I try really hard to keep a balance of making smart decisions, while realizing, we could all die tomorrow. I am a huge believer in buying/experiencing/having things you can afford to have, because none of us are guaranteed another day on this earth. I think we do a fairly good job at not having regrets, but I suppose I would say my biggest regret would be not traveling more.
4. If you could have any superpower, which would you choose?
To be invisible. I am an introvert and really am my best self when I can get solitude all to myself. Obviously, being a stay at home mom, I rarely get that. It would be nice to be invisible and get some alone time, while still making sure my kids are safe!
5. What do you love most about blogging?
I love sharing. Whether it’s a DIY project that someone can create from my post, a lifestyle change, a new recipe- I love sharing things I know and learn with the world. I always love learning and hearing from others, so I hope that my content is equally as helpful for the people listening!
6. If you won the £10 million on the lottery what would you do first and why?
The old me would say, buy XYZ. However, after being married to my finically-minded husband for 7 years, I would say #1 pay off debt, #2 save for college/weddings #3 buy a vacation home.
7. Have you ever met any famous people and what’s the story if you have?
If I have, I don’t remember! Unless all of the Disney characters count 🙂
8. What’s your favourite album of all time?
Ummm, I really love the Hanson Christmas Album. (Shamefully bows head).
9. What talent/skill do you have that you think would surprise us?
I don’t think this is a talent or skill, but I can open/close one eye at a time. My husband things it’s super creepy! I thought it was totally normal, but according to google, it is a bit of a weird thing?
10. After a really stressful day, what do you do to relax?
Drink a glass of wine and/or take a bath! Sometimes have a really decadent dessert, too!
11. What do you hope to accomplish this year?
Continue to grow all of my passions, connect with some amazing people, experience lots of fun things with my family and live each day to the fullest!
My questions for y’all:
- When did you start blogging, and why?
- What is/are your guilty pleasures?
- Where is your favorite place to shop?
- Tell us your favorite song at the moment.
- What does your dream house look like?
- What is the most adventurous thing you’ve done?
- Who are your favorite blogger(s) to follow?
- Describe yourself in three words.
- What do you do for your day job, or what did you do before blogging full-time?
- If you could share any piece of advice with a newer blogger, what would it be?
Thank you again to Laura, for nominating me, be sure to follow all of these ladies to learn more about them and check out their blogs! <3