Oh y’all… these little bundles of goodness dipped in chocolate are divine. I am so glad I finally got around to finishing them!
Admittedly, they say in my freezer (the banana and PB sandwiches) for about two weeks! I had Evie help me with them late one night before bedtime and then we got busy and kept forgetting about them. They are ridiculously good, so when you make yours, don’t wait two weeks to eat them! Plus, some of the bananas got soggy from being in there for so long. OOPS!
Peanut Butter Banana Bites
1 large banana
5 Tbsp peanut butter
1.5 c. dark chocolate chips
- Slice banans to whatever thickness you prefer. I did about 1/4″.
- Place one tsp. of peanut butter between two pieces of banana and sandwich them together.
- Freeze banana sandwiches for at least 2 hours.
- Melt chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl start at 30 seconds and continuing to heat for 30 seconds until melted. Stir in between each heating cycle.
- Dip the frozen banana sandwiches in dark chocolate and use a fork to scoop them out. I like to let some of the extra chocolate drip off before placing them in wax paper.
- Once all banana sandwiches are coated in chocolate, place in the freezer again until chocolate is hardened. About 10 minutes.
- Enjoy from the freezer, or like me, let them sit out for 5 minutes before eating!