I have seen recipes for ice cream logs before, amongst all of my pinterest perusing and weekly meal planning, and have always wanted to make one.
The perfect time came when we were having company over and the “cookie sandwich” cookies I bought from my local grocery store surely had to be on their way to expiration! When I say “cookie sandwich” cookies… think the cookie part of ice cream sandwiches.
Hubby got to choose the ice cream flavor and I used whatever toppings I had in then house. We ended up choosing cookies and cream ice cream and I used caramel topping to use between layers. Check out the pics and recipe below. Enjoy!!
Cookie sandwich cookies (6-10 depending on size)
Half of a half gallon of ice cream- your choice of flavor
Toppings you want to use for layers (hot fudge, caramel, butterscotch, sprinkles, etc)
Cool whip to “ice” you ice cream cake 🙂
1) Set ice cream out for 10-15 minutes, or until soft
2) Line a loaf pan with plastic wrap or parchment paper
3) Spread a layer of ice cream, about one inch in depth, in bottom of loaf pan
4) Layer cookies over top of ice cream, add topping(s)
5) Repeat steps 3 & 4 until you’ve reached the top of the loaf pan
6) Place ice cream log in the freezer for 1-2 hours or until set
7) Remove from freezer and flip upside down onto cookie sheet, remove wrap/paper
8) Spread cool whip over ice cream loaf
9) Freeze until ready to serve