WOW… Motherhood is exhausting! I was hoping to be able to keep up with my blog posts as much as I had been, but I’ve been finding out that it’s hard to keep up with just going to the bathroom! Luckily, the wee little one has been snoozing for a bit now and so I thought I’d take this chance to share this yummy recipe with you all!
Now, normally I use my grandmother’s pie crust recipe, but I was 37 weeks pregnant and a little bit lazy when I made these! So… I bought a refrigerated pie crust. I tend to find that Pillsbury is quite good.
Mini Crunchy Caramel Apple Pies
Yield: 16-18 mini pies
1 refrigerated pie crust
1/2 c. sugar
3 Tbsp. flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. salt
3 granny smith apples, peeled and cut into small cubes
2 red delicious apples, peeled and cut into small cubes
1 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. quick cooking oats
1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. caramel topping
1/2 c. pecans, chopped (optional)
Preheat over to 350 degrees
1. Roll out dough, and using a 4″ biscuit cutter (or bowl) start cutting out circles to place in greased 12 cup muffin pan.
2. After all crusts are placed in muffin pan, place them in the fridge while you prepare the filling.
3. Peel and chop apples then mix all ingredients for filling in a large bowl.
4. Take muffin pan out of fridge and place a large cookie scoop full of pie filling into each cup, leaving about 1/8-1/4 inch space in the top of each cup for your topping.
5. For the topping, place brown sugar, flour, oats and cubed butter into a bowl. Cut the butter into the mixture until it becomes crumbly. Sprinkle this evening over each mini pie.
6. Bake in 350 degree oven for 25 minutes or until topping is slightly browned.
7. Drizzle caramel and pecans on top of each pie directly out of oven.
*NOTE: The tops of the pies will cave in once you add the caramel drizzle on top.